serious cramping

3 nights a week at the least I get these horrible cramps running down my leg. Both on the front and the back of my calf. It happens in the middle of the night and I wake up screaming in pain scaring my husband. I've tried eating a banana a day because everyone says the potassium is great for that but it doesn't help at all. Any suggestions?

JenniferDeBaun

Asked by JenniferDeBaun at 6:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, it's really common. Sucks.
    bannana's do help immensely, but you can also try taking a vitamin that has potassium in it - talking it over with your doc/ob.
    Also, stretching helps a LOT. Just doing simple stretches whenever you can helps. When you're sitting, just point your toe towards you until you feel that burn in your leg. And doing it before bed with a massage helps a lot too.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• yea, what she said. i know it sucks, but it will be worth it in the end.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• water water water, drink more water, you might want to eat more than one fruit, it sucks but part of being PG==== wait till labor, talk about cramps then--lol
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• MAGNESIUM supplements!!!!!!! My midwife told me to get them when I was having this problem and it worked within the second dose. It was amazing!! She also said it was good for any adult with cramps. AND you can get them at any pharmacy!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2009