Did they give you nubain?

I HATED IT!!! I have talked to 2 other moms that didn't like the feeling either. When they gave it to me the nurse said I would feel a little light-headed but that would pass but it never did. It mad my contractions worse. It felt like ice was running through my veins, I couldn't stop shaking, got sick, and my baby's heart rate went WAY up. They had to put the monitor in me because I could not stay still long enough for them to keep the one on my belly. I was SO glad when the feeling passed, and I almost rejected the epidural because of it, glad I didn't.
Did it help with your pain? Did it make you feel weird, and how?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i loved it. it helped b/n conttractions. Def would do it again
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i didn't want any drugs because i have read about the bad side effects of different ones.
    sorry you had that experience :)
    Anonymous

• i didn't like it. it made me very sleepy for about an hour and that's all it worked for. my ctx got stronger and then my water broke. i had my baby an hour after that. i will not get that again!!!!!
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2009