what age did you start potty training?

what age did you start potty training? how did you know your LO was ready? did you start full force or gradually?

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 7:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 2 and she is trying but not into it i want her potty trained by three
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• my dd was 18 mts when she was ready, i took it slow but she picked up fast she was fuly potty train by 24 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My oldest DD was fully potty trained by 2 and 1/2, my second DD by 2, but my son was not having any part of it, so he was not potty trained til 4 and 1/2 yes I said 4 and 1/2. They show intrest in the potty, stay dry through out the night and naps, can undress self and pull up there pants. Buttons and zippers are a little tricky but not required before training LOL.. Also not being scared of the potty is a good sign too, not playing with it but not scared to sit on it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• early 2yrs old.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• 3 years, hard core.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My first (boy) was not ready at age 2. I tried a few times and he was not getting it! I tried again right before he turned 3 (the same month he turned 3) and he instantly got it that time. He also potty trained himself at night within about 5mo after that.
    My second (girl) started at 23 mo because she really wanted to and she did excellent at first. For a few months she was fine and then she regressed. I did not put her back in diapers, but I occasionally used pull ups and she had many, many accidents. Honestly I think she just doesnt care if her pants are wet. She will be 4 in December and is doing great now, just not ready at night.
    My third (girl) was ready and begging me at 21 mo. She would cry at the bathroom door and I just didnt think she wouold be ready at that age. She was! She has been excellent and has had far less accidents than her sister. She is 2yr 4mo and is completly done even at night!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Urg. My daughter Hartley started at 2 yrs old once my son Ryder was born. She did PERFECTLY for about 2 months....since then she's been having about 4 accidents a day and it's driving me insane. She's 2 1/2 yrs old so I assume by 3 she'll be fully trained. But it's been a challenge to say the least :)
    JamiHartley

Answer by JamiHartley at 9:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I started introducing the potty to my DD at 16-18 months....well she was like a year and a half....anad I let her play with it and all..then I let her get used to the big girl pants..aka Pull Ups. LOL. And started before she was 2..she was done potty training around 4 months later. But every child is different...go to the pull ups website and sign up for their big kid dvd...it will help you a lot!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!

PS: I am starting all this now with my son...next pay check we're buying a potty =) And my son will be 17 months this month.
    eku_mommy

Answer by eku_mommy at 5:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I always waited for them to show an interest in the toilet. They will give you signs when they are ready like hiding to go potty and taking thier diaper off when its wet (or dirty unfortunatly). All my kids have been dramatically different in when I started thier potty training age. Shayna was 15 months old when she was fully trained and Alex and Sage were both 3 before they were even ready to start. But I always did it gradually anyway by first switching to pull-ups and getting a potty chair they will eventually become interested.
    lovebug0928

Answer by lovebug0928 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009