How do you deal with a husband who lets his teenager rule the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd remind him that a family is a team that should work together to at the very least help the family life be bearable as opposed to the crazy world outside the home. He's not doing the child any favors but many parents let kids run the house out of fear they won't love them. I think that is bs myself but it happens. Tell dad he needs the have the child respect him and respect isn't there if a child rules the roost.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• well thats the way he decides to parent, its not my kid
    Anonymous

• First, you have to stop referring to him as "his teenager",once you decided to married,he bame your child too,I get so tired of step-moms complaining about the BAD step-kids, his son was in his life first ,now deal with him with love and understanding.
    Anonymous

• There has to be some guidelines between you and your husband. Try and work things out that can make everyone happy. But you did marry into this knowing that he had prior commitments that would be a higher priority than you marriage.
    Anonymous

• Tell your hubby that u can't live with his child running thehouse. I would leave if it didn't straighten out. I wouldn't allow MY kids runn the house. I was a SM I adopted my SS.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• It is your house too. Both of you need to come together in order to help the teen grow up well.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009