For those of you who do not vaccinate

Not a debate, just curiosity about different options and opinions. If you do not vaccinate do you choose not to because of the autism scare or for other reasons? I have heard of so many reasons not to, although I have always vaccinated my children, I am just trying to did deeper, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Honstly, autism isn't high up on the list of why I don't vaccinate. I looked at the CDC's list of ingredients, I looked at the potential side affects/adverse reactions in the package inserts that come w/the vaccines (diabetes, arthritis, seizures, death, etc) and I looked at VAERS to see how often it happened. Considering the CDC says only 10% of reactions are ever reported, I'm in awe of how many vaccine injuries happen each year! I studied the diseases and realized they just aren't the threat that people make them out to be. I have links to all this info if you would like to message me and get them! :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We chose to delay vaxes and selectively vax because we are unhappy with the way the shots are typically administered and we feel that some of the shots are unnecessary. Autism wasn't even a factor in our decision.

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I delay and selectively vaccinate because I read the ingredients, how they obtained the samples of the disease, and decided that I didn't want that crap being injected into my tiny baby. There is also a Japanese study showing a HUGE link between aggressive vaccine schedules and SIDS.

I feel that in certain situations and circumstances vaccinations are vital. But I was a breastfeeding stay at home mom and I didn't see the need to put my child at risk of reactions or SIDS. I don't think that a baby's immune system can handle that many vaccines at once. There is a question as to the effectiveness of vaccines given so early, too. In the 90s the measles outbreak on the eastern seaboard saw 90% of the cases in vaccinated children. The drugs just aren't effective on underdeveloped immune systems.

I started vaxing when my daughter started daycare, but I chose two vaccines and forewent the rest.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My son is on the spectrum and autism isn't why I don't vaccinate. He showed those signs long before his first vax. He has severe reactions to the vaxes and I think that the concept of the booster proves the vaxes don't work. They get it once and they will never deal with it again. Yet we have to give them multiple shots to achieve the same thing?

I also don't trust the companies that make this stuff. If it works why does it keep changing and if it keeps changing to meet the changing virus, then refer back to my original point. When vaxes became necessary for school entry these companies started making a lot of money off our children and most of them have very few checks in place to assure that they have their patients best interests at heart.

I used to work for a large medical company. I saw how they manipulated the rules and people's fears to make a buck. Actual health means nothing if they can them to use the product
    Anonymous

• Also...
    I have had always had pedis I can trust but the companies who make the drugs market directly to the doctors. That makes most doctors suspect in my opinion. Of course they are going to insist on vaxing our kids if they get incentives to do it. Where does actual health come in?
    Anonymous

• There is absolutely NO link between vaccines and autism.

There is absolutely NO link between vaccines and SIDS.

Most people don't vaccinate because of the ingredients in the vaccines. Others because they are sorely misinformed about the first two items.
    Anonymous

• My asthmatic son's bus driver asked me the other morning If I was going to let him take the "swine flu vaccine" they are giving them out at the schools here with parental permission for free. She then said his asthma makes him high risk right?
    I told her that yes his health does make him high risk and that is exactly why I will not allow him to have the swine flu vaccine. It is too new of a vaccine and i don't know if it's a live virus vaccine or not and I am not about to let them use my boys as guinea pigs. I wouldn't be able to live with myslef if I allowed them to be injected with a unsafe unsafe risky vaccine to prevent a illness that can be prevented by common methods such as hand washing, and even keeping him home if there is an outbreak at his school.She sat at first jaw on the floor then said I hadn't thought of it like that.The Swine flu became an epidemic in 4/09.. Im not convinced a vaccine made in a few moths wi
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 7:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I chose to not continue vaccinating my 19 year old son and to not vaccinate my 17 year old son at all because when my 19yo was 13 mos. old he got his MMR and suffered an allergic reaction that was so severe that had I not woken up at 2a (for some unexplainable reason, I never woke up at 2a) and gone in to his room he would have been dead at 7a which is when I woke his 5yo brother up for school. He spent 3 weeks hospitalized (CCU, then ICU and then a regular room for a few days before being able to come home), he was on oxygen and he suffered brain damage because of the allergic reaction. So, no more immunizations for him and none for his younger brother. My older 2 were just fine when they got theirs but something about your child almost dying can make you a bit nervous.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• tracy- that is so terrible, I'm so sorry. Does anyone know why he had an allergic reaction to it? I guess when you do choose to vaccinate it's a leap of faith, because they're are always the statistics, I'm so sorry you're son was one of them. I can't even imagine.
    Anonymous

• I do not vaccinate. I have no fear of Autism although I do understand the link between the two. I have never had a fear of SIDS and also understand the link there... But that has nothing to do with my reasons. I have done years of research starting when I was nearly killed by a vaccine at 15. I also have a number of health conditions that have been directly linked to the Chemicals in vaccines... After doing the research and weighing the pros & cons... We decided that there is MUCH more risk in getting the vaccines than there is in not getting them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2009