Difference in parenting putting a strain on a friendship

Have any of you ever had differences in parenting styles come between you and a close friend? I mean things like one who does not vaccinate vs. one who does or major things in your life. Have you ever had it seem to be fine on the surface and your opinion over time change of the person over so many differences in your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• YUP
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• What did you do? It's really upsetting to me, and there are so many great things about the girl but I can't hardly relate anymore.
    Anonymous

• yes that's why folks migrate away from some friends and move toward others who agree with our parenting styles.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• No. I only have two friends who are parents though. I just live and let live. If it doesnt affect my child I just dont think about it.
    Anonymous

• Really why should friendship revolve around shots. That's is such a petty subject hold on to. There is more to life than shots.

Anonymous

• Yes it has, but I would not change a thing. Kids come first to me.The girl needed to know what she was doing was just wrong.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• op here- I didn't say it was only about vaccines, I said major differences in life- there are so many, religon views and so many more that after a while it can be hard to relate...
    Anonymous