Anyone here come from a non religious family and convert?

I understand how you can fall away from Jesus, but I am always fascinated when I read stories from people who never had faith, Jesus or God in their life but in later years converted to Christianity.

Without that family influence how do discover your beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I came from a non-religious family and coverted... to Paganism :p I bounced around the different Christian sects for a while... and none of them fit. So I decided to try something completely different. I had always felt connected to nature, and I always wondered about other gods and what made them obsolete. Just exploring a different path and finding something that gave me comfort and validity in things that I had always believed ... that's how I found my path.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I had a similar experience in life (as far as religious family and conversion choice) as Ati_13

My mom was never really very religious. She did study JW for a while, but refused to continue her studies once they asked her to convert. She was always really interested in religion. Watched any and every documentary on religion that she could. She was raised Catholic. She has read the Koran and other religious texts. ...but never stuck with any one thing. And NEVER pushed her beliefs or influenced our religious choice in anyway.

I decided i knew i was not Christian when i was between 7-9 years old. I knew this, because of my moms studies in JW. I found Wicca through a friend when i was 11yrs old, and stuck with that all through HS. Now, after learning, growing, changing, and lots of studying, i am an Eclectic Pagan Witch.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009