Let go and Let God....{{Christians}}

What does this mean?

I have an issue I would LOVE to let go and let God take over, but I have responsibilities you know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It means you stop worrying over your problems and hand them to God and trust he will provide your answers for you...listen closely and you'll hear from him.
    Anonymous

• PRAY and maybe some detail in your question would help sometimes God talks through others. one of us Christians may be able to help if we had more detail, we could pray on it & GOD may give us an answer for you. whats the issue? how/what is this responsibility that would effect the issue? maybe you have a friend or family member you trust talking to.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i ditto answer #1, and btw, i actually really needed to hear that saying right now so thanks :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My friend told me last night.. its like holding a butterfly precious and beautiful but letting it go and fly...
    Love is letting go and it will be returned to you in His time.
    I have an issue I am trying to let go of... it is very painful and hard but I know I have to and I really do not want to.....
    Hope that helps some...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Letting go of the things you can't control and letting God worry about it. In no way does it man to neglect everything and expect God to do everything for you.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Letting go means stop trying to control the outcome of things. We can't control others do, we often have no control of the circumstances. But as mrsjonzy said it doesn't mean we stop doing right.

Let me tell you about my circumstances and maybe it will help a little. My husband was teaching preschool, we were doing fine on his income. I stayed home with our older daughter and our twins who have special needs. Then he got sick, to the point that he could no longer work. So we agreed that since I hadn't worked in over 10 years I needed to update my skills. I went to adult school and got some good vocational training. I dutifully have been looking for work for a long time, over a year. Yet no work. Now my husband's illness is to the point that he may need me to stay home and care for him. I did the things that a responsible adult should do but I cannot control the job market or his illness. I have to let it go.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• 1Peter 5:7: casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

It doesn't mean giving up your responsibilities, sitting back and waiting for God to solve whatever issue you are dealing with. It does mean giving your worries over to God, trusting in Him to help you through it, and finding comfort and peace of mind in doing so.
    Just my take on it, of course :)
    Snugglebugmom

Answer by Snugglebugmom at 10:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2009