How soon do you send out R.S.V.P.'s

My fiance and I are getting married the end of May but I have all my family coming from out of state. I was wondering how soon you send out r.s.v.p.'s? I would like to know also so that I can tell my father can start saving and so that we can start saving.. I read that its suppose to be like 8 weeks before the wedding but what if your not completely sure and there are like a 120 people which could turn into 80?

BellasMommy210

Asked by BellasMommy210 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would look into some etiquette sites and see what the rule is.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• TheKnot.com is a great resource. Save the date cards we often recieve 6 months or so before the wedding. Invitations should go out 4 weeks before the event.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I'd say atleast 3 months. It allows everyone to get the time off from work to be there, and to make travel and hotel arrangements, as well as childcare if necessary. It will also give you a nice ammount of time to accomodate everyone who responds so you're not planning for a large number of people under short notice. Theres nothing worse than an unplanned party...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• 2 months in advance....
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009