I can practically FEEL me dilating

When I go potty and empty my bladder completely it feels like my freakin cervix is going to explode. I'm due the 16th and at my last doc appt I was 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced, that was 5 days ago. Is it possible to be able to feel it effacing and dilating more without painful contractions? I've had lot's of BH but none of them have hurt. I've carried high my whole pregnancy and I can't say that I feel like the baby has dropped, but it does feel an awful lot like her head is being pushed against my cervix when I relax on the toilet. I almost wanted to sit there for awhile to LET it keep hurting and hope that it was indeed opening lol.
Did you feel this at all toward the end of your pregnancys? Did you find out what it was?

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 8:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was walking through the mall towards the end of my pregnancy and i could feel her hair on her gead moving around in my vaginal area. It was the strangest thing ever. I went to the hospital and I was at 5cm. Everyone feels different towards the end :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You know, i've heard that you can't feel it, but when I was preggers with my daughter I ended up with High Blood Pressure in the end. When I went to my last OB appointment I was dialated to a very loose 3cm and 50% effaced ( maybe more that was a long time ago) and that night I got this intense cramp in my cervix, it almost felt like a knife was being shoved in me, it was very quick. The next AM when we got to the clinic for me to be induced I was 4cm, so I don't know if the pain I felt was dialating or something else
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2009