Would you rather hear from young women, or older mothers like me?

Im not a young mom. Im an older mother, who doesn,t feel comfortable around other women because they are so much younger than I am. Should I feel that way or should I go with women my age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Go with whomever you feel more comfortable with.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Hang out with moms that you are comfortable with. I have friends that are older with children, and I have friends that are younger with children. I hang with them b/c I like them, not b/c of their age.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You have to do what makes you comfortable. I am in a similiar situation. My biological children are grown and out on their own. We have had to adopt our grandchildren. We've had them over 4 years. He is 5 She is 6. My problem is all the people we were friends with before all have grown kids too. They are traveling, impromptu weekends, late night gatherings. We no longer are at liberty to do those things. On the other hand I have absolutely nothing in common with the other mothers of 5 and 6 yr olds. I find myself being friends with others who are raising second generations. You just have to find that comfort zone for yourself.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Old is all relative, isn't it?

There is room for all ages around here. Some give advice or opinions that isn't  about motherhood. 

Anonymous

• I have more in common with older Moms. The younger, unmarried, not working, multiple kids/multiple fathers crowd and I do not see eye to eye on most things. I am much more traditional and tend to not get too involved with people whose core values are vastly different than mine-it only leads to trouble.
    Anonymous

• I tend to talk to more older moms. Im only 19. But i had to grow up fast back home. I raised my 2 cousins when i was 13 till i moved out of the house. All of my friends are at least 10 years older then me but thats where i fit in. And they all tell me that i dont act like im 19 and to me thats a good thing. I dont want to be raising a kid if i am still acting like one myself. But thats just me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Let your heart tell you where to go, age shoud not be something to consider in friendship, intelect and kindness and whoever you feel comfortable with should be your guide.

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• both?
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 3:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have friends with young kids who range from early twenties to late forties and many friends without kids outside that age range. I have a friend who just turned 19 and a friend who has a 19 year old grandson. Age isn't a big deal when it comes to making friends. It's probably more likely that two women in their thirties will have something in common than one in her twenties and one in her seventies but no guarantees.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am an older mom, also. I also still have kids/stepkids at home--7 total ranging in age from 26 down to 12. Personally, I don't much care how old or young someone is if I am seeking advice, I care about the advice itself and the fact that they cared enough to even try. PM me if you'd like and I will GLADLY accept you into my groups where you can find moms as yong as 18 and as old as 60-something who won't give a damn about your age but will welcome you with open arms and befriend you! You can feel free to give advice or seek it without worrying that someone might not accept you because of something as unimportant as your age! And...relax and have some fun!
    DaniandTom

Answer by DaniandTom at 1:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2009