water breaking...

okay as i was running to the bathroom (like always) to go pee i wondered "hmm i wonder when your water breaks if it feels like you have to pee" Does it? like your bladder is full or does it just pop. please and thanks.

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well it depends. i can't vouch for when your water leaks, that's never happened with me. as for breaking though, i was laying on the bed, the doctors had givin me sleeping pills after i left L&D, and after a couple hours i woke up. i had been bleeding lightly (because of an exam from just the day before), so i had a pad on. all of a sudden i felt a rush, and i swore i thought i was bleeding, like a period. i freaked, and being surrounded by pillows (you know how that goes lol) i literally jumped over a couple onto the floor and made it to the potty right in time. lol, thank God for that or i'da had to get new mattresses!
    Anonymous

• when it breaks you only feel wet there is no feeling with the break-- if the baby is high up when it breaks it will be like the splat of a water balloon on the drive way from up high
    if the baby is down low it will run out like a stream of urine... but you wont feel anything except wet running down your thigh
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Mine was broke by my midwife. Trust me you'll know if your water breaks. It gushes out of you. And everytime you have a contraction you'll leak a little more. OOOO so glamorous!! lol
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• when my water broke i did not feel like i had to pee. i didn't feel anything before it happened, just felt a little gush of water after it happened. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My water broke just before 8 AM while I was asleep so I woke up and of course had to pee. When I went to go pee, there was A LOT of wetness in my underwear and then when I was finished I went to stand up and stuff was continuing to run down my leg and there was blood. It wasn't super bloody, but there was blood. I ended up having two bags of water, the second was broke by the midwife at the hospital, so there wasn't a big gush until that second bag was broke. Otherwise it was more of a slow trickle.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I was in the middle of labor when mine broke both times. The first time, I had no clue what happened, if I peed or what lol, but it was my water. It just gushed out. The second, I flet a pop and gush and that was it. I did not feel anything before it broke other than contractions!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• When mine broke it felt like I peed my pants but I didn't feel the urge to pee first. But I knew it was my water when it wouldn't stop. LOL
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009