First Night in a Big Girl Bed

DD is spending the first night in her big girl bed. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I keep waiting for her to get up and wander out...

Also she is sleeping in a convertible crib - converted into a daybed/toddler bed. The only bed rail we could find made for this kind of bed was $75. We tried to rig one of the other ones, but it didn't seem very safe. Do you think it is okay for her not to have one? What did others do?

Drewlove

Asked by Drewlove at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh she will be fine. This is my daughters 4th night in her big girl bed!! =) I can't wait to get rid of her crib because it takes up sooo much room! I was so worried when my son was sleeping in a toddler bed, but i guess it comes easier with the 2nd one. I put a thick blanket beside my daughters bed just incase she did roll out of it, but she hasn't so far. The funny thing is that I guess she doesn't realize she can get out of it, lol..because when she wakes up in the morning she just sets there until I go in her room and tell her it's ok to get out of bed haha... Good luck momma, I'm sure everything will be fine!! =)
    Kristin2008

Answer by Kristin2008 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009