Why don't the door greeters at WalMart actually greet people and give people carts like they used to? Seriously, when did they start paying people to stand there and look bored all day?

lilmel1694

Asked by lilmel1694 at 4:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• lol i noticed that at my walmart no one even stands there anymore...cept i go there late at night
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 6:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• That is the Question!!!LOL...I guess the same reason road crews have 12 guys on the job ...3 working and 9 standing around watching.LOL Our tax money at work for us!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Well, they still do at our Wal-mart.
    LindsayKay

Answer by LindsayKay at 7:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Hee, hee! Obviously, nobody is evaluation them or the idea! I pictured my Walmart when I read this. I am thinking people in my area aren't really friendly and do not respond to the greeters cheerfulness. After awhile, they give up. It is a waste and actually becomes a negative when you enter the store!
    Maybe you could get a freebie if you write the company about this experience!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I am glad that at the Walmart I work at our door greeters do hand out the carts, do greet our customers as they walk in and when they are leaving thank them for shopping at our Walmart. I have been to other stores and listened to the comments made by our customers about other stores in the area. People are happy to shop at the Walmart I work at versus some of the others even if it isn't as big as some.
    DelicateWhisper

Answer by DelicateWhisper at 10:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I know this is old, but I had to reply. I cracked up b/c a few weeks ago I stopped at a Walmart at like 7am. The doors on the side I went to were locked. They said we had to go to the other doors b/c there was no greeter at that door. So, I walk all the way to the other side, go in, and the greeter has his back to me and doesn't even acknowledge that I, and 4 other people, walked in. I told the cashier when I left that I'd rather there be no greeter than be ignored like that!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2008