Just found out my pap was really bad and am waiting for the biopsy results. The doctor is already sure I will need to have a hysterectomy.

I am 41 and will be thrown into Menapause. Has anyone had this surgury and how did the results come out? Did you go on Hormones right away? Thanks for any input. Anxious and confused!

mbo1968

Asked by mbo1968 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• First of all, don't let your doctor talk you right into a hysterectomy get a second opinion before jumping right into that. What was abnormal with the pap? Cells?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• From what I understand, if they are able to leave your ovaries, you won't go into menopause. If they can't leave your ovaries, it' may be possible you can get hormone replacement therapy. You would go through menopause eventually with HRT but it would be slower and more gradual than if you just suddenly lost all your reproductive hormones at once.
    Good luck! You will be in my thoughts.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 9:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Hormones will be ok if you leave the ovaries

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009