Do you think I'm having a panic attack?

When I get my self so worked up and worried about something that I literally feel sick to my stomach. My heart beats really fast and I have this overwhelming sense of doom in the pit of my stomach, and feel pain in my chest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• It does sound like you need some help. Maybe you should consider seeing a doctor if you haven't already.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way lately.... like nothing could make me feel better at the moment.... schedule an appointment with your doctor and in the mean time I suggest prayer.... its' the only thing that helps me sometimes
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a panic attack to me but I am NOTt a DR but some things that have helped me are leaving the area I am in ( i normally go outside), breath into a paper bag, or I know this sounds silly but standing on one leg( I do Tree pose) trust me you can not have a panic attack in this pose you are too busy trying not to fall over =)r,talk to someone. And there is a few anxiety/panic attack groups on here that are pretty good that have even more advice besides taking meds.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009