When did you get your period after child-birth?

Ok, When did you breastfeeding mom's get your periods after you gave birth? My daughter is 6 1/2 months and I feel very crampy (like menstral like cramps or early preggo cramps! ugh) Could I be getting my period? She did start solid food recently so wondering if maybe she is eating slightly less breastmilk causing my hormones to fluctuate... but I've been pumping extra to thin her homemade purees... so it really can't be that much of a difference could it? I'm confused... if I did ovulate... could I be pregnant? (We use a condom, but usually only towards the end)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• Please no mean answers... Just shared experiences... thanks... OP
    Anonymous

• Everybody is different - so it's hard to know what's happening to you specifically. Women can ovulate without a period. Could you be pregnant? Yes. Is it likely - probably not. My personal experience - I exclusively breastfeed and didn't experience my first preiod until over a year after I gave birth.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My 1st one was bottled fed and I got my period 11 weeks after the 6 weeks postpartum bleeding. My 2nd one was breastfed for 18 month and then I weaned him and got my period with 19 month after delivery. But I was getting mild cramps once a weeks, as long as I breastfed, but I never bled and I was not pregnant.
    Anonymous