Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you stay with someone who was up for rape but got the charges dropped due to a "technicality"? Please read THOROUGHLY before posting.

Please, don't be mean!! I'm really scared for my friend and need advice. I know it's not my problem but I'm scared for her. The police report was pretty bad, they even had DNA. He had a $150,000 lawyer who did his job and got him off. She has told me he has forced himself on her(his brother tried it too)and has laid hands on her. She has two kids that are not his and she started seeing him again. He wants her to take out a business loan for him to have a restaurant because no one will hire him because of his fame around here. I know she makes her own choices, but she's a good friend to me and I am very attached to her kids. I'm just so scared for her and her childrens safety and I don't think she understands the danger. Is there anything I can do besides just be her friend. I get pissed for the kids sometimes.I just don't want to get that call from the PD if you know what I mean

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • OP here! See I'm getting upset for the kids now too. He apparantly was reported for hitting one of here kids. Nothing became of it. But there were some other calls made on him too! She has tried to drop him before and he pushed and forced his way back into her life. She's too scared to get restraining orders when things are bad, and won't call the cops out of fear. He's already admitted to going into the bathroom with two women in one night then going home to her! WTF! I know it's not my business, but I still worry for her kids safety even if she doesn't care about her own! Why doesn't she care?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • No way in hell would I stay with him. He is a rapist and child abuser, just because he got off doesn't mean he is innocent. Like you said, there was DNA and other evidence, he just got off on a technicality.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • She's nuts.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • OP here, starting to think that myself 1057

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • Be her friend, and talk to her about putting her children first. Talk about (get her to talk about, I mean), all the reasons this guy is bad bad bad news for her kids. Talk about how she, as a mother, is the only one who can protect her kids. Talk with her about what kind of people she wants her kids to grow up to be. Offer ALL the help you can - maybe a safe place to stay, look into her options and present them to her (for example: how she can get a restraining order, how she can extricate herself from the situation), things like that. Tell her both she and ESPECIALLY her kids deserve a better life, one lived without that kind of abuse and fear. If after a while you see that she has no real desire to change and protect her kids, do whatever you can to protect them - which probably would be calling child protective services, unfortunately. And keep calling if nothing changes. She shouldn't be putting her kids in danger.

    Answer by ratviolin at 11:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • I'm with ratviolin, the kids always come before any man. They don't need to be in that type of environment. All that negativity will be projected onto them.

    Answer by Shyma at 12:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.