Anybody have a controlling husband whose demands sometimes overwhelm you?

How do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• yes i do. he is very demanding. i am overwhelmed A LOT! if you ever need to talk, feel free to message me and just vent. its a lot to explain here but if you want to talk or need someone to talk to, im here.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I had one and I divorced him. I decided that his demands were not reasonable and cruel. Like, not reasonable that I worked from 9am-10pm then came home and cooked dinner that he would throw on the floor if I chewed too loud for his comfort. Not reasonable. So if his behavior is just flat out ridiculous, then I would leave.

My mom says "Relationships are the hardest thing people do"
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• no, but I had a boyfriend (we were engaged for a while too) who was like that. it wasnt like that at first, but he became very controlling and abusive. he'd do the whole "my father used to beat me, i'm so sorry" excuse and I felt bad for him and felt it was ME who needed to change. He didnt like me hanging out with my friends, yet if I didnt invite him he felt rejected. there was a younger chick who had a crush on him and he loved it. one time, she wanted to meet him in private a few hours away and she didnt want me to go. he felt guilty that she was intimidated by me (because I was dating him) so he went.... yes I know it makes me sound like an idiot. but I am a stronger woman now and looking back I should have been stronger and left him sooner.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• tell him to shut the hell up or hes going out the dam door ! !
    Anonymous