Anyone ever feel jealous of your daughter? ...

My boyfried (her father) Loves her so much. Everyone always says "I can see how much you love her" to him. However, he doesnt act like he loves me nearly as much. I feel horrible for feeling this way but I feel like he think {ok You gave me the daughter I have always wanted now I don't need you anymore.} I am sorry and feel bad, but any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel the same way... my husband will smother her with love, but not think to kiss me good morning or good night or before he walks out the door... i feel like chopped liver compared to her.... don't get me worng I want him to shower her with affection... but hey pass some to Mama too!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Exactly! I absolutely believe my daughter deserves all the love in the world! But she also has a mommy that deserves some too!
    Anonymous

• The love for her is a different love he has for you. Don't be jealous, that will make things worse. The love we have for our kids is very special and that will never change.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You can't compare the love he has for his child and the love he has for you.

My dad has always said he loves his wife very much but if it came to her or us the answer is obvious. Us.

A parent child relationship is forever, even if it's estranged, because they will ALWAYS be parent and child. Nothing can change that. Even if a child is adopted they will still always biologically belong to the natural parents.

You are his mate and unfortantly in this day and age that isn't permenant.
    Anonymous

• You need to speak to hubby and get some counseling or your resentment will only grow.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009