How much decrease in movement should there be?

I heard that when the baby drops and you're far along in the pregnancy that fetal movement decreases, but how much is normal and when do you get worried? I still feel movement, but its only sometimes through the day and not as strong and I usually have to repeat kick counts because the first hour there is almost nothing then the second hour after some juice or soda I can get maybe 5-8 movements. Is this a normal decrease or too much decrease for 36w 5d?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you're baby is active, you should get 4 movements in an hour, if so you're fine. Then the hours that they don't move, just assumer they're asleep. My baby defintely has moments of awake and sleeping.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I never did kick counts. My grandmother once told me that just like us there are days that the baby is just not going to want to move around. As long as you feel some movement every hour or two there is no need to worry.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2009