End of my rope

Me & my bf of 3 yrs are having our first bby in a few wks. But the past month he hasn't called or stopped by at ALL. My mom said I should just forget about him because I don't HAVE 2 be w/ him. I've tried & tried 2 talk 2 him telling him that I really need him here 4 support because I'm scared & I've tried asking about his feelings & wut he's going thru but he just says it will get better. But that isn't working 4 me. He hangs out w/ his friends all the time & they all have their gfs there but he never invites me. I thought maybe he's embarrassed by me. Which obviously hurts my feelings. I told him a simple 2 min phone call a day would b great but he still hasn't done nething. & the other day he didn't tlk 2 me but txted asking if he could get a tattoo. I was like... y? U care more about that then me? Right now I'm 2 the point of putting MY last name on the birth certificate & not letting him in the room. OPINIONS?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• 1. dont' put his name on the birth cert if yall are not marrried. he has to earn that. if the kid gets the last name, so should you.

2. yep, many men believe that the baby isn't real until its born. you know men are naturally visual creatures. give him time to man up. you are due soon. once he sees that baby in person, he should change. if not, take care of your baby on your own which i know you will be awesome at doing anyways if it came to that.

3. oh and yeah, congrats on the baby. enjoy this time. don't let him spoil your happiness.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• my bestfriend is 35 weeks girl! she has had this SAME problem with her babies father. THIS is what he told HER! he wants to have fun until the baby gets here and take responsibility when she gets here.. its a guy thing..
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't give the baby his last name, I might put him down as father so that it's easier to get child support.....unless you don't want to give him visitation. He really needs to earn the right to be a father at this point.

Good luck, and congratulations on your new baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• ****See that's what my bf kinda said... He was like.. she's not even here yet, chill. But bailing out on me and me just being ok with it doesn't sound very great to me. I shouldn't have to deal with all this stress alone.
    Anonymous

• He is not ready to be a father. How old are you two? The age will say a lot where he might be right now in his life.
    Did you two want a family? or was this a oops?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• ****I'm almost 20 and he's 21. No it was an oops but we wanted to keep her cuz we've been together a long time and love eachother. But he's definitely not showing it right now.
    Anonymous

• I think hes cheating.thats really suspicious,fucked up, and selfish.your absolutely right.YOU SHOULD NOT AND NO WOMAN SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT ALONE!he helped make the baby he needs to be there for support.so basically he feels your suppose to go through your whole pregnancy alone.he goes out with his friends and there girlfriends but doesnt invite you?and doesnt ever call you to see if you need anything or how you doin.just because your having his baby does not mean you have to stay with his ass.He needs to grow up seriously!i wouldnt give the baby his last name ill put him down as the dad but the baby would have my last name and i wouldnt let him be in the room with me while im having the baby because itll only stress you out and get you aggravated.stress makes your contractions worse trust me i learned that the hard way while i was in labor.good luckk to you and you little one.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Put your name on the birth certificate and call it a day. You're not even married and he's already acting like he doesn't like you. What makes you think that this relationship is going to last. Let me tell you everything you hate about him will be amplified times a million if you get married. So leave him and don't look back. There's no time to waste on losers like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i mean, don't give the kid his last name. yeah, if he's the father def put his name on the cert.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2009