Would you call CPS on someone you cared about(friend, sister,brother, your own child etc) if the children were truly in a bad place or not safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, if the children were in a bad place I would.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• yes. if it was something I could not personally help change. if the parent(s) was willing to change based on my offer to help out I wouldnt call cps.
    Anonymous

• Yes. It would break my heart to do it, but yes, I would. Because look at it this way, if you truly loved them, and loved the kids, wouldn't you want to a) protect the kids from being in a dangerous environment, and b) protect the adult you cared about from ending up doing something irreversible that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives?

If they truly are in a bad, unsafe place, then your call could protect them and be the wake up call that your adult loved one could need to get it together.

btw - my mil is very good friends with a woman whose dd made a lot of bad choices - they tried to intervene on their own (not knowing it was as bad as it was though), and her dd is now in prison for felony neglect - the druggie guy she had moved into her house killed her dd. Now, the lo is dead, and they all have to live with it. :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• YES! If the child is in danger, you need to be their voice
    Anonymous

• Yes, it would hurt, but the close ties to someone isnt worth a childs pain, suffering, or death.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Honestly, you must. No one has to know but you could save them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• if there was nothing i couldn't do personally or anyone else close to them, then i would. i would prefer to handle things in a private manner
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• u should talk to the persom first and c if there a change . it would have to b a last resort because ive been trow the childcare system and its no better than living in a "problem' home.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes, because children are not only the most important people in the world but also miracles and should be treated that way.
    cuteandcuddly40

Answer by cuteandcuddly40 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 12:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009