Where to buy toddler clothing?

Fall is here and the temperature will be dropping soon. Ivy needs new clothes for the season. I'm looking online and comparing prices. Resale shops and Wal Mart are almost always best money wise. I'm looking at the Children's Place and they've got some really nice discounted stuff, mainly tops. But comparing their jeans to Wal Mart's, there's a big difference. Is it all about the name brands or have you noticed quality difference? DD's growth and weight gain are finally slowing down (she's turning 2 this month) so I expect her to stay in these clothes for a while and want them to last. Where do you shop for your toddler's quality clothes? I'll check resale shops first then usually Target. But I'm not loving Target's selection this season. Are there any stores or brands you prefer/avoid and why?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 11:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i usually get my son's clothes second hand; brand new clothes usually from Target. but I try to avoid the main stores like target and walmart because it's a small town and everyone shops there. I like dressing my son a little different and try to avoid clothes that came from a sweat shop
    Anonymous

• Do you live near a Babies R Us? They aren't too bad when you catch sales. Otherwise, go with resale shops, definitely. It takes more work, but you'll have better prices.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The majority of my daughter's clothes come from Old Navy, & Target. I like Children's Place, but they always seem to be out of everything in my daughter's size. We shop at baby Gap when they have sales. That's pretty much all there is in the town I live in. If I had to choose my favorite place to shop for her, it would be Old Navy because they have good quality clothes, and they are reasonably priced. I love thier jeans for her. I have bought at least 2 pair in every size she has worn since 0-3 months! =) I would recommend shopping there for you Daughter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• burlington coat factory, marshalls and tj maxx and the stores from pp.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• also gymboree has cute stuff, i only buy when i have a coupon or the clearance rack
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Children's place has really nice stuff, but I only buy stuff there at their end of season sales. Target's Osh Kosh jeans are really nice, I don't particularly like their other toddler clothes. I refuse to buy Circo brand stuff. Carter's is good. The Carter's brands at Wal Mart and Target are good too, but there IS a difference in quality. I have had some of the Carter's onesies from Wal Mart get holes pretty quickly from washing them. Faded Glory at Wal Mart is ok, Garanimals is good. Old Navy has some cute stuff too at a good price. I am a fan of Baby Gap, but again only sale items. You can buy dirt cheap baby clothes that are new, but there will be a definite difference in quality in some of the items. Kids are harder on clothes as well, so try to take that into account. However, even though her rate of growth is slowing, decide if it's worth it since she is still only going to be wearing most of this stuff for one season.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Usually,the childrens place,burlington coat factory or old navy. Sometimes walmart,but I've noticed their baby clothes are good,but I don't like the older kids stuff. IMO it's overpriced for the quality.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Kohl's has really good deals- especially if you have a charge card (they have 15-30% off entire purchase almost monthly)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Burlington Coat Factory and TJMaxx for brand new stuff that's always priced reasonable.
    The Children's Place and Gymboree *IF* they have a sale running or a decent clearance rack.
    The rest of the time, second hand. I look for items that aren't worn, don't have stains, suit the season, etc. And I'm especially happy if I can find "name brand" pieces. But I don't look for those. Usually I don't notice a name brand tag until I've gotten the clothes home, lol. My almost two year old has some wonderful Old Navy and Baby Gap stuff that were all in the three to four dollar range.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Walmart was the only place I could find jeans to fit my daughter a couple of years ago, BUT the quality was poor (she was 5) and she had holes in the knees within a couple of months. When my kids were toddlers, I loved Old Navy and The Children's Place. TCP jeans are well-made, but I had a hard time finding stuff to fit my daughter in there. But my son is rough on jeans and the ones we got from there lasted a LONG time.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2009