question for my friend...

her son is 22 months
and really loss BM
and he will have a diaper rash
when she uses the cream it goes away
then she stop and it comes back (it so bad that when she trys to change him he scream like she is killing him)
he really only drinks milk and water
he is a picky eater so he really only eats the same thing
so nothing new to his diet
any clue what this could be????
any advice will help
thanks in advance

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tummy bug probably. If it doesn't pass within 4-5 days, she should go see the pediatrician. Tell her to get Triple Paste for the ointment, works wonders. She should probably put a layer on his butt every diaper change until she is for sure the diarreah is gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Diaper Rash Cream is a joke! none of them work completely. Theyre all trash, theyre liquid, and youre trying to keep his but dry??? whats the point in that? Tell her to go to the drug store and ask for Domboro. its a powder, it comes in packets, in a white box. Take one packet put it in exactly 1cup of water, mix it around. Get either a clean washcloth or a clean ankle sock( thats what I used) and lay it in his diaper. So it should cover from just above his Johnson to the top of his crack. leave it there. The directions say about a half hour. I left it on for about an hour and a half.You should start to see a change by the next day. Try to do it just after bathtime. Once it goes away with this it shouldnt come back. Also tell her not to give him too many acidy foods. Sometimes they burn comming out and the skin is irritated from them.and try changing him every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Just to keep him dry. Hope this helps :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son has had dirreah for the last 13 days. We have called the dr. and were able to have him seen around day 11. The dr. told us there was nothing we could do about the frequent pooping- that there is somehting that has been "going around"... they said not to change his diet, etc.

For butt rash, I use Butt Paste ONLY at night (last change before he goes to sleep). durring hte day I use an anti fungal called Clotrimazol (used for athletes foot and yeast infections)- it works great. Also, be careful what kind of wipes you use. The best we have found are Target brand unscented (they come in the blue pack). These seem to be more mild than all others (we have tried a lot over the last 2 years).

Use a warm, wet washcloth on the hiney whenever possible. Good luck.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i always used corn starch,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son would get teribble diaper rashes when he was teething. weird i know. but i wouldn't even wipe him, i'd throw him in the tub, then towel dry and let it air out for a bit. theni would put baby powder.
    VegasMommiOf2

Answer by VegasMommiOf2 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009