so much pelvic pressure/pain i can hardly walk or rollover??

So, I'm pretty sure my baby dropped a couple weeks ago. I'm almost 35 weeks now, and over the last couple days I have been getting gradually increasing pelvic pressure and pain. Today, which also happened to be baby-shower day, we went to Walmart and I could barely waddle and would have fairly sharp pains sometimes. This has not been going on but for about 2 days. I also can't rollover in bed without great effort. I've also been having more BH contractions. Also think I may have lost the plug. Next appt is 2 week away but, should I call my doc and try to get a closer appt, or is all this fairly normal?

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like I felt for the 2 or 3 days before giving birth. I would call your dr.'s office, tell them your symptoms, and then ask them if they think you should come in. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You should see your dr. within the week. Call and try to get in- if you are worried and there seems to be a lot of changes in your physicallity, it wouldn't hurt to get a little first- hand peace of mind.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I got that around 36 weeks. My daughter was born until 41.5 weeks. It could be nothing. Losing your plug doesn't matter at all. It regenerates itself. Some people don't get this at all. Some people get it just before they go into labor. And some, like me, get weeks and weeks of it before they finally get to have their baby. It really doesn't tell you anything.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• That's normal. I'm pregnant with my 3rd and this time the pelvic pain started at 27 weeks. It hurts to roll over and to get up from seated positions. Also, it is common to have a sensation that feels like the baby's arm or leg is in the birth canal. With my first I even had sharp pains for the last 2 months that felt like I was being stabbed in my vagina. That's normal too for some women. As long as you aren't having any bleeding, cramping (that feels like your period cramps), or contractions, then odds are you're just feeling some of the common discomforts of the 3rd trimester.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Adelicious... what makes you suspect that she is 2-3 days away from giving birth?

OP... your symptoms are totally common at this point in pregnancy!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009