Hades

I was reading Revelations 20 tonight as someone is trying to prove to me that Jesus is going to place the sins that he took upon himself upon Satan and then destroy him. Also I have yet to read The Day of Atonement service as explained in Lev. 16 shows us how Jesus does it. But that's a whoe puzzling subject. I read in here HAdes will give up her dead AND death will as well. Well that's like saying seath and death will give up their dead. So why the word Hades?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 11:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hades is the greek God of the underworld.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• But there is no other God then Jehovah. So why mention Hades?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• rhanford, you are very arrogant to say that there is no other God then Jehovah. Just because your book says so doesn't make it true. And everyone has a right to worship as they please.

To OP, I only know of Hades as the Greek God of the Underworld, and since Christianity as Pagan DNA, I think it's safe to say that many things in the Christian Bible were borrowed from us.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think she might be talking about hades in revelations the abode of the dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Hades) is used to translate the Hebrew term "שׁאול" (Sheol) in, for example, Isaiah 38:18).[1] This use refers the term hades to the abode of the dead in general, rather than the abode of the wicked.

I found this in wikipedia. hope it helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Night Phoenix I meant no disrespect, I have nothing agianst people worshipping whateverand whomever they worship as long as they do not hamr themselves or anoything/one else.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thank you all for your responses so far, and wkikipedia says that HAdes is the abode of the dead... hmmmmmmmmmmm
    rhanford

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hades_in_Christianity
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• when you give upo the dead its the ressurection and to say no other GOD but JEHOVAH isnt arrogant, psalm 83-18 that is GODS name.hades final resting place.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2009