Are you and your SO sappy?

I get teased all the time and my husband gets it worse than I do. I will nap under his jacket because it makes me think of him. We each have wedding rings that no longer fit us and can't be easily sized to fit us (my husband had a car hood slam on his hand and broke that knuckle and I have lost a lot of weight) so we wear each other's rings on chains as necklaces. I work nights and my husband calls me every night before he goes to bed to tell me goodnight. People say that after the first year, that is supposed to go away. We have been together for almost 7 years and married for 4 1/2.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. Sometimes I feel like there'e something wrong here because we are so in love and so happy and geniunely get along so well. I grew up in a dysfunctional-ish home where I thought moms and dads were supposed to argue. I'm glad that's not the case!
    manderjane

Answer by manderjane at 11:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yep, ditto with manderjane.
    I grew up in a kind of dystunctional home where my parents argued almost 24/7 and that's what I kind of grew up thinking.
    My husband and I have been married going on 3 years, and we're very happy. He calls me on every one of his breaks and lunches - if not come home for them. We buy each other little gifts and leave them around the house, etc.
    People call us adorable, but we've never been to the "all over each other in public and probably in private" stage where my BF seems to be at! :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I've been in bad relationships and I can honestly say this is different. We may argue once a year if at all and my parents used to argue all the time. We text each other and smooch like newlyweds. It's such a great feeling :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We've been married 21 years, and our friends find us disgusting. My husband calls me from work several times a day. I wear his shirts around the house just to feel close to him when he's gone. Neither of us like to be separated from the other any longer than necessary. We still date, and flirt shamelessly with each other all the time. We're still madly in love with each other.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We have been married 13 years next month. We are so sappy you would probably gag at us! lol
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I dont think so but some might find us that way LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think its sweet. CHEERIO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• lol - We have our sappy moments/ things we do. We're also pretty goofy and silly with each other, too. We've been married 17 yrs.

Some people might not like being sappy or silly or goofy or play around with their spouse, but you know what, I think it helps keep a marriage happy and healthy, and keep you in tune with each other.

My kids (who are teens) just laugh, and, as my dd puts it, she would rather us be like that than like a lot of her friends' parents, and divorced / not able to stand each other...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• awwww..i think thats sweet!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Im sappy, he isnt lol. I used to sleep with his sweater too. He got me aa bear for V-day when we first got together, and its head smells like chocolate, I still sleep with it when hes gone, and 8 yrs later, it still smells like chocolate. We kiss all the time, no matter where we are, and people ask us how we can still be kissy and lovey after all this time, but we still love eachother. I write him love notes and hide them everywhere, make his fave foods, rub his back. I just love him, and I like to touch him and keep him happy. I do wish I would get a freakin love note once in a while!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009