Hubby had cancer at age nine

My hubby had cancer at age nine, his mother says he can not father children but St. Judes says he can father children we have been ttc for almst five years and I was wondering if it is nuts to listen to his mother aka she is bipolor. I have a daughter but she does not belong to my hubby. His did have chemo but only for about two weeks he had cancer in his stomcha and I was wondering if there is any chance for him to have children, he loves my daughter to death and we are wanting a baby together but we do not know who to belief. He also had gain green as well but the doctor's are telling us he can have children but we have not gotten pregnant yet I have tried everything I could think of and all that but I am running out of time I will be turning 30 this year and I have always said I wanted to get pregnant before I was 30. Could the doctor have messed me up on having more children. I had not problems getting pregnant before

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• Becoming pregnant is different for everyone.
    One of my DH's cousins just got pregnant after they'd been TTC'ing for almost 10 years. They both had no problems, it just... didn't hit.
    I would suggest seeing a specialist - seeing if his sperm count is fine and all that. That'd be a great second opinion to obtain.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I guess all you can do is to keep on trying. Sometimes they say, you can try too hard. Just stop thinking about it and go on about your life. If it happens, it happens.
    Anonymous

• feel free to messge me I have some sugestions if you like , ...my husband had cancer too
    annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 12:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• there is such thing as secondary infertility. I had that and we were TTC for 5 years. I had one pill baby, one I conceived in a month of tring, miscarried another pill baby that then had unexplained infertility. I stopped ovulating. I would believe the doctors over his mom cause well they would be more knowledgable than his mom. Go get your husband's sperm checked. And talk to your doctor.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2009