Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support! (Part 2)

brother. Heres our number you can call him. We haven't actually sent him any money just waited until they took it out. They both knew it was a possibility it was his child. They both could of stepped forward and got a paternity test sooner. They are both at fault. I feel horrible since I'm stuck in the middle because I know my boyfriend does care for the child. He loves our son and would enjoy seeing his other one. What should we do? She did receive money. All it is is a paycheck to her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • He needs to start sending her regular payments....especially if the court has given him an amount, but even if they haven't he should send something every month. Then he needs to go to court to get visitation. She can't deny him visitation even if he's behind in his support, but it will look better for him if he's making his regular payments. I know they're expensive, but I'd advise getting a lawyer. It's the best way to protect yourself, and get all of his rights.

    Answer by ohwrite at 12:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • You said its a possibility that its his child. At Walgreens or maybe its at Long Drugs, they have over the counter DNA tests for $30.00, you do the cheek swab and send it to the lab for $100-$120.00. It says on the box that you'll be able to check the results on-line within 3-5 days.

    My brother and I are planning to do this DNA test to see if we have the same father.

    Answer by BingsMommy at 1:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • I would deffinetaly give this headache to my lawyer! If there is nothing saying he cant see his child, she cant do that.

    I have been in your place before, and the child wasnt even my husbands.

    She had a white mom and a white dad, but she was clearly ASIAN!

    Get a lawyer. If its to expensive or you dont qualify for Aid please contact me, I'd love to help.


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Get an attorney and frankly if he knew it was possible he was the father and he did not even try to see the child or try to help her he is a dirt bag and I can see why she is mad. You are only hearing his side and more than likely he is lying to you.

    My ex denied my daughter for 7 years. I tried to get paternity established in the courts. I knew he was the father only man I had ever slept with. He told his current wife I was a whore and she believed him. She also believed him when he said the kids was probably not his. When it was established and finally he had to pay the 50k he owed in back child support his current wife said I only wanted money. It was not true. I love my daughter have been the one raising her, loving her and nurturing her all on my own. I don't want him to see her now he is not her father and he is only money at this point. He owes it to her and every penny goes to her college fund.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Definitely make sure it is his kid First!  I would then take it to the courthouse and set up arrangements through them so that it is documented.  Make sure you get things set up so that he can see his son because if she does not allow that process to happen and it is in court records then she is in contempt of court and can go to jail for it!!  We have dealt with different issues with Husbands ex-wife and one time we had to take things to that extreme and threatened that so we could get what we wanted fixed.  She finally fixed the situation really fast.  Good Luck


    Answer by patchthatpays at 1:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Child Support! (Part 1)

Next question overall (Health)
Does HFMD cause bad breath?