I feel like I need to say something to them PIOG

Some of you may say stay out of it but I think it' important. My brother and his wife have a DD that is almost 2. I baby sit her once a week and when she is over here shes a very good kid. shes very quiet though. when i ask her like not to do something she will get all scared. im like its okay! i just dont want u to get hurt. Well, I have heard that your marriage comes first. If your marriage isn't good, your kids arent happy. Well they yell at each other and are so horrible to each other. And their DD sees this all the time. When they come to pick her up..shes clingy, needy, craves attention and when she doesnt get it (bc her mother gives her ALL the attention in the world) she will scream her head off until she gets it. Now, this is a COMPLETE opposite of the little girl I baby sit. This is my family. I feel like I should say something. But idk what..any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i dont think I was thorough. I meant that I wanted to talk to them about their marriage (btw they just got married in july) and how they interact with each other esp in front of their daughter. My brother is SOOO horrible to her. And who knows if he puts his hands on his wife. Idk..this just really really bothers me. Its so ridiculously obvious. I know no one is perfect. But this is just too much. I cant stand to watch it go on any longer.
    Select as Best Answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Who are you closer to? His wife or your brother. I would sit the one that you are closer to down and have a serious conversation. Explain that their daughter acts like a totally diffrent kid when she's with you and just ask if everything is okay. Make youself open to be able to be talked to and don't judge or say that they are doing things wrong. It may take a little while but hopefully they'll open up to you on what's going on. I hope the best for you.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Just remember that kids are totally different when their parents come to pick them up, for some reason. I did daycare for a long time before I even had kids, and the ones I watched were as good as gold when I had them, but as soon as their parents came home, I swear they'd sprout horns and a forked tail!! lol

Don't have an answer to your question, though.....you are definitely in a tough spot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would say something but i'm a call it like i see it girl. If someone on the street is doing something harmful to another person i would intervene. So if this was my family i would absolutely sit both of them down and say something to the effect of. You two need to grow up and get in some counseling. I personally don't care what you do to yourself but you're majorly screwing with your daughters head. The baby i watch is nothing like the one i see when she's with you and i'm sad as well as sick to my stomach about the conversation we're having. You two need to get it together make your marriage work and show your daughter what unconditional love and a good marriage is. Girls are easy to mess up so i expect to see some change in you two promptly. I'm confident we won't have to speak of this again, I assure you i won't be so nice the second time around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• kids get like that,my now 16 month old has just started to act different when dadys home.kind of clingy to me and throws little fits too.they do act different when mom or dad comes around,i have plenty of neisces and nepews and they all acted this way.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• its not just about her acting different when they arent around. its how THEY interact with each other and how its affecting their child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i would talk to my brother about it too. well i guess it depends on what your relationship is like how he will take it but if you tell him you are just concerned about him and his family hopefully he will at least take your words into consideration. but like PP said, my son always behaves better at day care than at home :) he's pretty good in general but definitely gets into more trouble with mommy and daddy.
    Anonymous