Would you let your husband.....

leave the house to go to a movie with the family wearing pajama pants and a scruffy shirt or would you suggest he wear jeans and nicer shirt (non logo tshirt) at least? Today my hubby was very serious when he told me he was going out in his scruffy pj bottoms. I know it was just to a movie but we were going out as a family, I had my hair and makeup down and was wearing nice clothes and the teens were dressed nicely as well. I asked him to please put jeans on and he changed but said I was being too picky, that no one else would care if their hubby's were in pj pants. He's never done it before (in 24 years) so this caught me by surprise. I get the wanting to be comfortable thing and maybe if we were running to the corner store it wouldn't have bothered me but it was a family outing so I expected him to look nice. Jeans are still casual. Would you have said something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Zombieland was hilarious and made me forget about my cancer pain for a couple of hours. I really don't like seeing people in thier PJ's in public. It just seems so lazy to me. I imagine that they haven't bathed since they slept all night in the same jammies. IDK, I just think to myself that they smell like ass....eeekkk! I hope I don't get bashed for saying that.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My husband made a comment when we saw a couple of teen girls wearing their pajama bottoms at the store one day, so I don't think he'd do that. But, no I wouldn't go out with him in pajama bottoms in public. I'd expect him to change as well. Yes, I definitely would say something. You didn't ask him to put on a suit and tie, jeans are very reasonable.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• makeup done, now down. I hate not being able to edit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I personally wouldn't care. But that's just me.
    Anonymous

• I agree......wouldn't a pair of shorts or sweat pants been just as "comfy"?

I hate to say though, Im shocked at how many men and women I see wearing them in public..along with the fuzzy slippers for the ladies into the grocery stores, etc.

I'm sorry....either Im dressed right or I do not go out.......bad enough I see women, younger and older then myself ( almost 50 ) whom wear NO bra and the twins are swinging to and fro.

Some people have no couth! ( not meaning your love hun ) Just some people don't care and want to be comfy....I say there is a time and place.
    Anonymous

• If that were to happen i would say something but it will never happen, my DH is a big boy and knows better. He wont even let our kids leave the house in pjs unless they are headed to the ER or doctor and are so sick that changing their clothes would make them feel worse, heck i cant even run to grab something out of my car or open the front door in my Pj's without him making a comment.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Id probably ask him to put on jeans(although my DH wouldnt leave in anything but work bottoms or jeans LOL). The shirt I probably wouldnt worry about but the pajama bottoms I would find odd and probably wonder if he was feeling alright LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I could see your reaction since it was his first time. But, to me, its no big deal going to the movies in pjs. If it were somewhere fancy or a famliy holiday, then that'd be a different story.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Heck yeah I'd say something, although I wouldn't have to. He just wouldn't. Even if he has to go outside for something he will through on shorts or jeans - and we live in the woods with no neighbors in sight!! lol
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I so agree anon 12:34. I don't dress up in fancy clothes to go out to the movies or to to go to the mall but I always have jeans and a nice top on when we go out and I run a brush through my hair and look presentable. I have never, in 42 years, worn sweats or pj pants to go out. I like to be presentable and honestly up until today my hubby's always been pretty much the same. He was so serious it shocked the crud out of me. Shorts would have been fine if it weren't so cold and he doesn't own sweats so it was jeans or I was staying home. He knows me after 24 years so he did put the jeans on (which is a good thing since Zombieland was a good movie and I would have been ticked to have missed it, LOL).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2009