Does anyone actually believe that religion has a place within PUBLIC schools?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I guarantee there is praying before every test in the public schools :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think only family members should teach anything to their kids about religion. Now, teaching kids that their are many different kinds of religions is fine. But telling them how to worship is a big no no.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i think our whole country needs religion,its a d a r n reck and not one person gives God respect,and this is the "dont make me feel bad for anything generation"
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• only in a World Religions class that gives an intro to all major religions, but never as fact. just to give kids an idea of whats out there & to promote healthy diversity & respect.

other than that i think religions should only be allowed in public schools on a personal basis (ex: im going to pray to myself before i eat, or im going to wear a pentacle around my neck) & never promoted by administrators or teachers. i also do not have a problem w/ religious student clubs so long as every faith can have a club.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it depends on what you mean by "in public schools." As far as teaching religon goes no I do not. But as for telling students they cannot pray of their own free will or requiring them to do so I believe that is wrong. Same for telling students they cannot bring their own copy of the Bible/Koran/Book of Mormon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think they should be allowed to pray, at least.
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Define what you mean?

Exploration of religion in general? Absolutely. Religion shaped most of civilization, for good and ill. And understanding each other is the first step to peace.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Religion absolutely has a place in public school. This country was founded on religious ideals and pretty much everyone that lives here believes in something. I'm not saying that there should be one religion in public schools i'm saying that they should be respectful of all religions. Allow student to express their thoughts and feeling about religion and have information so they can decide what they believe.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I agree with okmanders.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I just dont get it, you people are saying no BUT with exceptions. That is horrible!!!! NO, no means no and there are no exceptions. I cannot stand you wishy-washy mf's who claim to have an opinion on something but then you are unable to state what your exact opinion is or you have these one or two exceptions to your rule, this is bull..... There is a yes or no answer to my question!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009