Anyone living with parents or in-laws??

After my daughter was born 2 years ago, my husband had a tumor and couldnt work. We lost our house and had to file bankruptcy. Now we live with his parents. Anyone in a situation like this???
It just seems that now my hubby isnt at all worried about really trying to save $ so we can get back out on our own.
Im just sick of being here and almost feel trapped.
Im just praying for the day we can have our own place and our own stuff again! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• 12 years ago my then fiance (now hubby) and i had a great apartment i was truly out on my own and doing really well we were happy and then i got hurt at work and shortly after found out i was also pregnant. we moved back to my parents house (we had lived there before my dad was very sick so we did it to help with their bills) I found my self engaged pregnant and living with my parents, it was tough and we stayed until just before my son's 2nd birthday. In that time i went back and finished my college courses and hubby networked to get a better job out of state, we saved money and then moved.

It is hard especially if you both are not working towards getting back on your feet, let him know how you feel it needs to be a priority to both of you to get back out on your own. Parents can be great to help us when things get bad but eventually your DH has to get off his bum and take care of his own family.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I hear ya! I'm the single mother of a five month old baby boy and I'm also living with my parents. I know its hard. PM me anytime if you would like to talk.
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• well ask me in a month.......we are in the process of moving in with my mom. WE will be in by November 1st. WE are hoping to find/buy a house with the help of my mom so we all can live comfortably and we (me and dh) can work, go back to school, and save money. Oh and so we can get off PA also.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• His parents are nice, his mom is my complete opposite.. but still nice. Weve been here a year and a half. It started getting really hard when his 17 yr old brother dropped out of HS and was home allllll day long. This last month his mom lost her job and now shes home everyday too. Err...
    I just feel like were not making any progress and that is so depressing. I just feel like we are a bunch of losers! I want so badly for it to be how it was when we had our own house and our own life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• yes my husband got out of the army and we headed back hom we had to move in with my in laws when we got here it was suppose to be temperay but my husband was unable to find a job right away then we got pregnant and needed to save money for baby well baby is now 6months old and we have been living with them for over a year now im so ready to be on our own i get tired of hearing my mother in law tell me how to raise my baby. we are finally looking for a place and i cant wait. Its hard maybe you just need to remind him how nice it is to be on your own and that you need something to look forward to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Oh I hear you lol my sister was 15 when we moved back and i got to experience all the teen age drama. Since my dad was so sick many times it was up to DH and i to help raise her and omg was that ever fun NOT!

Your not losers sometimes things happen and you do what you can to survive. Just keep letting him know how important it is to you to get back out on your own.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2009