wic question

ill be signing up for wic tomorrow what will i be getting? im 8 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I signed up for state aide (not wic) and got insurance for all medical visits for myself (for 1 year) and for the baby (until he turned 1 year old). I did not apply for any food or housing discounts- so I don't know if those are included.

I am from Wisconsin where they have excellent aide for mothers who need assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• milk eggs cheese beans they have alot of new stuff on there so i dont know all the new stuff
    lovinmygurls

Answer by lovinmygurls at 12:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I live in Michigan and when I was pregnant and on wic I got like 5 gallons of milk, 2 lbs of cheese, 4 36oz juice, 36oz cereal, 1 thing of peanut butter and 2 dozen eggs. Those might not be EXACTLY on point but those are the things I got. And watch out for the cereal. I'm not complaining because it's FREE but they are so picky with it. You don't have much variety and you have to get certain sizes. I use to get so frustrated because I'd have a box of Cheerios but the size wasn't right!! I had to carry around the little booklet with me EVERYTIME I went shopping so I'd do it right!! LOL
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Same as listed above: Milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, either peanut butter or beans, & juice. Also, depending on where you live, some places are also offering fruit & bread now. I know California just got it this month, but I don't know the specifics because I don't get my new vouchers until the 14th of this month.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2009