Is your religion or lack there of a public concern?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't understand what you mean? As in, is it anyone else's business? I don't think so.

I don't think anyone's religion or lack of it is anyone else's business, unless that person is in a religious vocation or other form of clergy.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thank you gdiamanteou ..............I doubt I could have made such a wonderful statement myself!!!! Can you tell me why so many people choose to badger others into believing that theirs is THE ONE TO LIVE BY?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• nope what is between me and my creator is private and personal. I feel the same thing applies to everyone.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think some people believe its their duty to show others the way, personally I think others shouldn't preach to me unless i ask. If you don't know someones past experiences with religion then leave them alone. I have had many people try to "save me" I don't need to be saved I was exposed to many religions as a child and made my choice as an adult. I made an educated choice and having someone badger me with arguments about why their preferred religion is best is not going to win me over.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Let me ask you this, if you had the cure for cancer and only you knew it wouldn't you be spreading that news to everyone you knew that had cancer?

To a born again Christian, sin is a fatal disease on a persons soul. We believe that the wage or pay off for sin is death, eternal spiritual separation from God, in a literal place called hell. So most of us really do care about others and want to save their spiritual lives. Do some get combative with it yes, but most, really just want you to know the truth.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• cancer is very different from a persons PERSONAL beliefs. I consider stupidity a disease but i dont go around forcing my views about common sense on people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• "Why is it that you people choose to preach so much?"

--------------

Who is "you people"? are you referring to me? do you think that i am Christian? ...you must be new here.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• lol I was going to ask the same thing outstanding love, all one has to do is read the questions you post to know that you are not a chiristian. It pays for people to get to know who they are debating with.

I actually started giggling at the idea of you running around spreading the word of the lord on cafe mom lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Nope but there are plenty of ignorant people who think it is. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Who is "you people"? are you referring to me? do you think that i am Christian? ...you must be new here.

Seems to be a trend lately. Want to borrow my Church Lady picture? ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009