PJ's in public? why do people think this is okay?

after reading another question about this I had to ask. When did people stop caring what they look like in public? when did it become okay for Pj's to be the fashion statement of the year? I know when i see people in pj's I wonder why they would go out in public like that knowing that people will look down on them. Do you think this is okay? why or why not? I seriously want to understand why it is okay to do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sometimes i would wear pj pants up the block to the store or something like that but not pj pants with hearts on them or smiley faces or something lke that.more like the 1s for guys that are kind of like plaid(sorry if mispelled).i think its ok for that but i hate when i see people in the mall, or when i was in school at school, or at parties, or hanging out far from home in pjs.that i think is wack.pjs are not an outift .
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Personally I think that it is laziness. But at the same time I applaud that they OBVIOUSLY dont care what people think of them. lol I dont do it though. I could never do that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i dont look down on people that do it i just think its tacky when you go certain places in your pjs.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I only go out in my pjs when I'm sick and going to get a movie or medication!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Man. i used to wear PJ's all the time to school. ...Until they made it against the rules. ..so stupid.
    But i don't do it any more. Maybe for a quick trip to the convenience store ...but other then that ...nope.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• um... now that I know people look down on women who wear pjs in public- I guess I will start trying to fork over $35 for a pair of preg. pants that will fit me in the akward 2 months before my belly starts to poke out.

I do think the pants with words across the ass are rediculous, however... or the pants that are super saggy (looks like there is some poo sitting in there)... there are cute pajama type pants that can be worn without making the woman look like a sloppy loser.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ill go to walmart or the drug store in my pjs if i have to grab something late at night but if its anywhere else I put on clothes!!
    allycally

Answer by allycally at 12:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it depends on where you are going and when. For example, when I went to Walmart a 3:00 am to get some Motrin, yes, I wore my PJ's!
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Personally, I have trouble leaving the house without being what I call "human"- meaning makeup, hair at least brushed nicely, and dressed...In real clothes. I have days where I admire the people that can muster the courage to leave the house looking like a wreck- it would just be easier if I could do it lol. But at the same time I wonder how they can possibly allow themselves to be seen like that. Guess it's just how I was raised. Maybe those people were raised with different expectations that I (or others) was.
    jjsmom62107

Answer by jjsmom62107 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP here- I can see a quick trip to the corner store, really i can see how early sunday morning you need milk or the paper and you run out really quick. I am just really confused when i am at the mall or the grocery store and i see women in pj's with cartoon characters on them, I was at the store one day and a very well dressed woman came in she looked very nice as if she cared about herself and with her is a teen girl in pj type boxer shorts a tank top with a zip up sweatshirt and ugg boots! THERE WAS 4 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE!

As a mother i sat their thinking NEVER my daughter will never do that. I was completely shocked that a mom who looked like that would let her teen dress like that. I remember hearing others grumble about the girls lack of clothing also, so i knew i wasnt alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009