Does your toddler or preschooler hit you?

I saw that happen today, a boy (4 to 6 years old) hit his dad twice the dad acted like it was normal. I find that kind of strange...........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• its the way u raise ur kids...my 118month old used to try to do it when she was mad but i taught her that was a nono and now she doesnt do it
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mine are way older but they would not have done this and if they tried there would have been consequences.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• nope!! she never did, and if she tried i woulda stopped it!! i was at the park with my daughter 2 nights ago, and she was playing with a boy who is her age (theyre 5) and he all of a sudden got a stick and started swinging it around, and then smacked my daughter on the knee with it, so i told him to stop (he lives right actross the street so he has no adult supervision while hes there, SOO not cool, but thats another story) so ya i told him to stop and that wasnt nice, and he continued to do so, so i took my daughter and we left (she was fine, but that wasnt the point) so he was asking why we were leaving and i told him ya dont hit ppl, its not nice, and all he said was yaaa but its FUN!!!! and ran off with his stick screaming into the field. parents these days need to control their children!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My daughter who is 22 months has just entered a hitting phase, but that will be nipped in the bud quickly. My son was very difficult with his, but now, at 4.5 wouldn't even consider it. I think it's been more than a year with him and before that it was sporatic. Its usually a phase kids go through when they're 1 or 2.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No neither of my children hit me. Even my holy terror daughter never did that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes, from time to time still. She's 2 and whenshe hits, she loses the right to use her hand for a minute. I hold it by her side and she can't move it. Then I tell her she needs to use her hand for nice things. She'sg etting much better about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009