easiest way to get one yearold to start walking by hes self

my son is 12 months and CANT WALK and hes trying hard to walk he walks if you hold on to him he is and he wheres walking shoes i heard not to put him in walkers becasue it stops there devolpment skills

mom2be170

Asked by mom2be170 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD is 18months and just now takes like 2-3 steps and sits, i say dont force it he will eventually do it on his own when he's ready, trust me i tried too but i quickly learned its when they are ready.good luck
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• bribe him lol. it honestly worked everytime with my DD. She was IN LOVE with the remote. I had it sitting on the love seat about 3 steps from our couch. It worked. ALso we had a a stationary playing table for her one that light up and made music. We put this a couple steps away from wherever she was standing. Or I would hold a cookie or something to get her to come to me. I guess its more motivating them than bribing them lol. hope this helps. :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The easiest way? Let him take his time. My son is 13 months old and just recently started cruising. He's no where ready to walk yet. He will walk while holding our hands, but not alone. First thing - take the shoes off! They learn to walk much better with NO SHOES. Each baby is different, so don't rush it. Before you know it, he will be running so fast you won't be able to catch him and you will wish he wasn't so fast :)

BTW: my oldest walked at 12 months - took his first steps on his birthday. my 2nd didn't walk until she was 14 months. So don't force it - he'll learn soon.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son turned 12 months and I thought he should be walking so he's going to...so everyday I used his fave toy which is a thing that The ball goes in and then blows back out and he loves getting it and making it go again so he would stand up and play with it so I'd move it a litte bit and he'd take a step and fall...so i kept on and on and he would slowly take 2 steps then 3 steps then 4 steps then more...now at 13 1/2 months he's a walking fool..lol In time they get it.
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• oh yeah and I started without shoes then after a few days of taking more than 6 or 7 steps i would put shoes on him sometimes and not others to let him learn both ways
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009