Do you ever feel like there is this constant feeling of doom? Like there is a major catastrophe just going to happen?

I know this is a heart attack symptom. I am not having a heart attack. I feel as though I have almost a premonition that something REALLY really really bad is pending. A natural thing. Does anyone else feel this? Am I just crazy?
I didn't know where to put this. Sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Have you felt this before in the past?
    Are you having situations that cause anxiety?
    Maybe pshclogical, behavioral, and humanistis therapy needs to be adressed.

I personally think SOMETHING is causing you to feel this way. Try to get to the bottom of these feelings.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel! With the President not supporting our own soldiers, it is hard to feel safe in our own country! Doom is a good descriptive word for our situation. Our country is the laughing stock of the world, no one respects us, they think our governing officials are idiots and if the shoe fits...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well lets look at this two ways... one you could be having a panic attack. Now you may say "I have never had a panic attack before." Well that can be from not being under a certain stress until now.

Two you could be seeing these natural disasters occurring right now (Typhoon Parma, Indonesia Earthquake, etc etc.) Which could cause anyone anxiety about a natural disaster.

agent: I just wanted to say she feels it will be a natural disaster..don't lower yourself to blaming natural disasters on our president like the loony left did. Ya know Katrina was Bush's fault and so was the tsunami.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I don't feel like that as far as natural does, but I do have a slight feeling one may happen similar to 9-11 but very slight because Obama is still using the patriot act.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I did for a few months after I had my son. Kind of like postpartum depression except it was anxiety. I would be fine then get very scared and worried that something awful was going to happen. You should probably talk to your Dr about it.
    coltsmom45

Answer by coltsmom45 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP--do you live in a part of the country that is prone to natural disasters? I can see how this would create anxiety in you. If you've never lived in a part of the country like that, then I think your anxiety may be representative of something else that is equally concerning--like a nightmare--often the nightmare isn't usually an exact premonition, but symbolic of something deep in your psyche.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have before. I had a feeling of something horrible for a month or 2 before 9/11. I knew it had to do with a plane. I almost cancelled a trip to visit my family, but our tickets were nonrefundable so my kids and I went. We experienced bad weather and had a terrible return flight home. I thought that might end it. It didn't. The feeling simply grew stronger.

My husband flew out of the Newark airport the morning before 9/11. I actually got down on my knees and begged him not to go. I was supposed to take the train into NY with some friends on 9/11. One friend begged off because her baby wasn't feeling well. My other friend and I decided to wait. We would have arrived in NY around the time it all started.

After 9/11 the feeling went away. I don't know how to explain it. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. This was big though, the others really weren't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Some people have feelings like that when something is about to happen. Usually something personal rather than something worldly though. Not much you can do about that though. You can worry yourself to death if you keep it up and a small worry can escalate into the feelings you are having. Try and think logically about it and go about your daily routine. If the feelings don't go away within a week or so you can safely think no major incident is going to happen but that it could be more of a medical or psycological problem and you should see a Dr. There is so much going on in the world today. Dr.s are seeing alot of what you describe. Don't be afraid to seek help on this one if it doesn't go away.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It sounds like your having anxiety attacks. You may be watching or listening to to many wackos (on the left or right), if so stop. When you start to have this feeling focus on something else. It works.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I do have quite a bit of anxiety in regards to the economy and the state of our Nation....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009