Can a Christian read books about Vampires?

will I offend GOD if I read those type's of books or watch shows w/ them in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am under the impression from my bible reading that we are to seek knowledge. I read what I want. God has never convicted me to be wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If you are a born again believer you have the Holy Spirit in you. Simply ask God to show you. Anything we tell you is only human opinion. God will let you know if you are genuinely seeking the truth.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I know many christians that read books about vampires and watch movies/shows about vampires and other paranormal topics. There is nothing wrong with it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If you feel convicted about reading certain books I wouldnt. I am a Christian and I love the Twilight series... Do I pray that Edward is going to come in my room and seductively bite my neck and make me his eternal lover... (LOLOL) NO!! ;p
    Just keep yourself in check, its easy to put other things before God..
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• whenever I have a question like this, I just ask myself, "if Jesus walked in the room would I be ashamed or ok with whatever I'm doing. That's what helps me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Never once has my being a Christian diminished my ability to read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• One of my favorite quotes is from Galileo "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Reading, whether for recreation or pure knowledge, is an intellectual pursuit and promotes learning. Enjoy your book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ask God, not other Christians for rules :-) Rules are man-made after all. Each Christian has the ability to be directed by the Holy Spirit to find what is right for themselves on the path of righteousness.

IMHO, self-censoring is not something I believe is necessary. But if something causes you to sin, don't do it. Ask God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• nope thats out, spiritism.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i hope so cause ive read a LOT about all sorts of make-believe creatures, including unicorns, Frankenstein, dragons, fairies, werewolves, and witches (the Harry Potter/Wicked Witch type, not Pagans). ive also read things about Santa, the Easter Bunny, & the Tooth Fairy...in fact at one point i believed they were real.

if reading about vampires is going to make you doubt God or your Christian faith, then dont read it. but if you are just reading about them for fiction & entertainment purposes...i think God is more intelligent than to punish us for reading something someone else created using the imagination God gave them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2009