How high are the chances of me becoming pregnant?

I'll be completely honest, this is a horrible time for me to get pregnant since we recently lost a son. If I do get pregnant, emotionally I don't know how I'll be, but I will be very grateful. Anyways, I started my last period on Sept. 24 th and ended on the 29th, I think. Well we had a definite oops tonight. I know its possible to get pregnant, but what is the likeliness of me getting pregnant almost a week after my last af?

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 1:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Typically, you are most fertile on the 15-18 day of your menstrual cycle.(Day 1 being the first day of bleeding.) If I calculated right,You are on day 12, so it's definitely a possibility because semen can survive for 3 days inside of you. Everything will work out as it should! good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Probably not great. Women only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant any given month, and that's having regular unprotected intercourse. Now, you're on day 11 and if you have a 28 day cycle, women tend to ovulate around day 14, so you're probably a few days before ovulation. Of course you could ovulate early and voila, you have a baby. But I don't think the odds are that great.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ok thanks. I couldn't remember the whole ovulation thing lol, which I should by now. If it happens, it happens nothing I can do about it now.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 1:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• you are fertile the few days before you ovulate though, but pp is right that even if you are trying, it's more likely that you will not get pregnant than that you will get pregnant with each cycle. still possible though. good luck and i'm sorry for your loss.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009