will i have her soon now???

i got checked today but im still 2 cm but now they felt the baby head they said she really low does that mean she can come anytime now.

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i would say yes but i have also heard of alot of people stayin dialated for weeks. one of my best friends staid dialated 3 cm for about a month and a half.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Dilation means nothing. Some women don't dilate until well into labor, and others dilate slowly over several weeks. My baby was also a low rider and I was that way most of my pregnancy.

So you can go soon or not. If this is your first, the average length of gestation is 41wks 1 day. The normal length of human gestation is between 38 and 42 weeks usually with a few long gestating women going a little longer (especially if their EDD was calculated wrong -- which often is)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• yes she can come at any time, or it could be a while. most likely she will come by 42 weeks but idk how far along you are. if you are 42 weeks, then yes she will definitely come very soon! lol ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Hang in there mama! I know it's tough and you just want that child OUT of you, but she's just gettin ready = )

How long since you were checked before they said 2cm? Do you feel any contractions or any sort of labor? Things like that also help to indicate when you'll have the baby.. obviously haha

Good luck! ♥
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• ive been 2 cm for almost 3 weeks but they checked last week and they told me that i was 60% effaced already and i went yesterday and got checked cuz i could hardly walk cuz my pelvic bone was hurting bad and they told me that the baby is really low they felt the head but i was still 2 cm
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I WAS 2 CM FOR 2 WEEKS AND NO BABY YET THE I HAD ANOTHER DOCTOR APPT AND THEY CHECKED I WAS 3CM ALREADY AND THE HEAD WAS HIGH THEY SAID I COULD GO ANOTHER WEEK BUT NOPE I HAD CONTRACTIONS THE NEXT DAY IT WAS A FRIDAY AND SHE WAS BORN SATURDAY THERE IS A CHANCE YOU COULD SHE IS LOW SO THAT MEANS IT CAN COME ANYTIME NOW WHEN YOU AT LEAST EXPECT IT GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010