first drs appointment tomorrow

what should i expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At my first appt, I had to give a urine sample(Which you will at EVERY one, so be prepared!) I think they did bloodwork too.... had our first ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time =D, Nursed asked a million questions, Dr. came in did a pelvic exam and my pap smear, answered questions, and that was it. No big deal at all! Congrats!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• urine, blood tests.
    hear the heartbeat
    ultrasound to determine how far along u are
    lots of questions/intructions
    CONGRATS.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Check your weight, pee in a cup, draw some blood, trans-vaginal ultrasound (probably - depending on how far along you are), papsmear, poke around on your belly, you'll get a prescrption for prenatals (or you can just buy them OTC), a big goodie bag full of free samples & magazines, and set up your next appt for a month from now.

I think that about covers it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• All of the above plus fun paperwork. =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i got all of the above except the ultrasound. i would say dont give your hopes up on getting one because some doctors dont like to do them until around 13 weeks or so.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2009