Skin tags???

The first time I was pregnant I got about 5 or 6 of them and I'm getting more again. They don't hurt or anything but they're annoying. The doctor said my insurance won't pay to get them removed but if I want to I can cut them off. She said they might bleed for a while then stop. Eww....Has anyone else had these things pop up during pregnancy? And would you cut them off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I always heard they were from anything that might pull on your skin ie. necklaces. I have one on my neck and had a small one in the middle of my chest, below my bra line.. If that makes sense... anywho, I washed some scissors and then rubbed cleansing alcohol on them and cut it off. It felt more like a pinch and bled for a few min. but no biggy. I also rubbed the alcohol on it afterwords with a cotton ball.
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• ugh yes they are so annoying. they come from friction. i just cut them off. not to painful. gl
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I've cut them off. It burns a bit and it bleeds like the dickens. Sometimes when it heals you'll find that it's still there. i don't know if it's grown back or if I just didn't get it all so cut it off again. None the worse for wear. They didn't leave a scar.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 1:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thanks ladies. At least now I know I'm not the only one. Those are the places I have them...my neck and the middle of my chest. I wonder if hormone changes make them more likely cuz I never had them til I was prego. Okay now to go cut them off. Fun fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• yay.. chop chop! hehehe
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• yaaa i got them on my neck too...i usually pinch them off with tweezers..(i clean them with alcohol first) theyre soooooo annoying!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009