As Christians, what do we not believe in? I'm still learning?

Like Mormons I hear don't drink soda and Jehovas Witness don't celebrate holidays or birthdays and Amish have a ton of things they don't believe in or don't do. There's some that don't believe in vaccines or medicine or military...so what is it that we don't believe in. Do we believe in ghosts, spirits and psyhics. I know that no one is supposed to know your future but God, but I know a psychic who sais she's a Christian and she gets her information from your angels, she knew a lot about me so it was surprising but I did this before I started going to church and I have been told christians don't believe in speaking to them...we're not supposed to consult them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well JMO as a christian i do celebrate the ressurection of god(but not easter, the bunny and eggs) i dont celebrate halloween, i believe God is our creator and that his son jesus died for our sins, so that if we beleive in him we can live eternal life and not perish, i also just recently heard the history about the christmas tree,the lights, and all that so maybe just maybe i wont put one up this year, i have to find out the truth about it(im stil searching) i heard it has a satanic background
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• well i was raised as a catholic but there is alot of stuff that i dont believe that they say is right. such as i dont think there is anything wrong with gay marriage and i dont think that you should ask a person to let god forgive you i think that should only be shared with god. but most of the things i do believe. as far as a psychic i dont think that they can really tell the future to much because i believe that every second your future is changed by the decions you make.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i forgot to add that the bible should be the guide to your life if u want to know whats right or wrong read ur bible i promise u will find the answer to whatever ur question may be
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• see I wasn't raised in a religious home and all easter ment to me was candy and egg decorating. All christmas ment was santa and preasents. Christmas trees and lights being satanic? Really. I have seen trees in churches at christmas time so I hope not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• um yeah thats what i said u really have to look deep into the history of it(some ppl dont believe it)
    go here and scroll to the bottom:
    http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/Satan.htm
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/easter.html
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Do we believe in ghosts, spirits and psyhics? Absolutely. The Bible speaks about such - as far as not consulting them - NO, we do not consult them (as in bargaining with or seeking advice from). As far as speaking to them - YES, we do speak to them. When/where God grants us the authority we can speak to them in the Name of Jesus and drive them out (man was given dominion over Satan - meaning that through Christ we have authority over him). The Bible tells us that it's not flesh and blood (the human person) that we are fighting, that it's principalities (spirits, demons).
    As far as Christmas trees; I can't tell you the history of it - we celebrate Christmas and we put up a tree - for us the tree, light and adornments represents the Life of Christ (the tree), the Light that Christ is to us (the lights), and the Treasure that has been laid up for us in Heaven (the ornaments).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• First, please be wary of your psychic friend. When she says she is a Christian, does that mean believing in Jesus.. because the Devil knows who Jesus is! And he knows whats coming for him too!
    The devil knows who you are and can disguise himself as an angel of light... 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
    Leviticus 19:31
    John 14:26- The holy spirit should be your only kind of medium. If you are a christian, you will have that "strong feeling", that pulling on your heart, that isGod leading you.
    Isaiah 8:19
    1 Timothy 2:5
    2 Timothy 3:16-17
    Now for the other stuff.. I guess its all what denomination you are.
    We are Wesleyan, kinda like Nazarene. If you go to CFFTUCSON.COM and click 'articles of belief' on the right hand side, you can see what our church's faith is based on.
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• A Christian Christmas Tree, represents the Cross on which hung the light of the world, who, when He died, completed His union in love with His church. The Cross reunited earth and sky, God and humanity in love. The lights of the tree represent Jesus, the light of the world; the ornaments represent us, the fruits - the offspring of the union between Jesus and His church. And thus did the Tannenbaum become the Christian Christmas tree.
    The Prophet Jeremiah condemned as Pagan the ancient Middle Eastern practice of cutting down trees, bringing them into the home and decorating them. Of course, these were not really Christmas trees, because Jesus was not born until centuries later, and the use of Christmas trees was not introduced for many centuries after his birth. Apparently, in Jeremiah's time the "heathen" would cut down trees, carve or decorate them in the form of a god and overlay it with precious metals.
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 2:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• all i wanted to say is that Christmas does not have a satanic background. It has a Pagan background. The tree, the lights, the whole reason why you're celebrating His birthday during the cold winter is because the Roman Catholic Church was trying to convert all the Pagan people to Christianity but was having a difficult time trying to rid them of their holiday traditions.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2009