I put this in pregnancy but answers come faster in this category!

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and today I've had really bad heartburn. I feel like I'm going to throw up everytime I lay down and my head feels cold. I checked my temperature and it said 97.1* Should I be worried?

melfre

Asked by melfre at 2:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't worry about the temp. 98.6 is just an average - literally, and they should have a range of normal instead of just a single stand along normal. Both me and my friend have low body temperatures - normally running from 96.7 to 97.9..... we've both talked to our doctors about it and he explained that just like hormone levels, everyone's temp is particular to their own bodies. If you want to know what YOUR normal is - take your temp every morning before you get out of bed, for 14 days - average it out and that is YOUR normal. If your normal is much higher than the 97.1 then talk to your doc about it.
    As far as heartburn - try stacking up pillows to keep yourself in an inclined position. Also, cut anything acidic, containing lactose and caffeine at least 4 hours before bed. OTR acid meds should be fine - but call your doc about those first before you start taking any meds.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• oh im so sorry...i remember that i had terrible heartburn starting at about 24 weeks with my daughter that NEVER seemed to get any better..sometimes it would get so bad that i literally would throw up..i was prescribed some previcid that never really helped....my advice that helped me was to just try and stay propped up maybe in a recliner if you have one...and make tums your new best friend!!!oh and stay away from foods that may cause you heartburn!
    Malorhee

Answer by Malorhee at 2:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thanks, thst is great advice! But I'm a little more worried about the temperature thing..
    melfre

Answer by melfre at 2:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• the temp. you shouldn't worry about....just make sure you are not running fever! the season changing does crazy things i tell you...allergies to my fiance folding clothes...ITS NUTS! but i would say unless you start getting fever or just start having a constant abnormally low temp you will be okay.
    Malorhee

Answer by Malorhee at 2:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• about the heartburn... take a shot of pickle juice, its a natural cure that got me thru preggo heartburn!!
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 4:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009