Cow's milk for a baby on soy formula?

My daughter will be 1 in 3 days and she was put on soy formula after I lost my breastmilk because she was lactose intolerant. Her doctor assured us that it would probably clear up by age 2, and it seems to have already cleared up. She's been eating yogurt, cheese, etc. and has done fine with them, no problems at all. We've been mixing some milk based formula with her soy to try to help with the transition to cow's milk (started with 25% milk based, now it's about 50/50). She goes for a WIC appointment Tuesday, and will have a doctor's appointment shortly after her birthday. I was just wondering if any moms out there have been in this situation and how your baby did with cow's milk. Also, when can I start giving her cow's milk? Is it too soon, now, to mix a little milk with her formula? (Like 1 oz, or something?) Don't worry, I'll be asking the doc! Just wanted to know if any other moms have done this and how it went! Thanks!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since she's eating yogurt and cheese she should be OK on cow's milk. She may need Lact-aid though. She actually doesn't need any milk, especially since she eats yogurt and cheese.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I did it for my daughter she was on soy formula. I gave her a little bit at a time, but she ended up not being able to have it. She now 3 and shes on Silk Soy Milk.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 3:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2009