Would you like to know my biggest pet peeve? (if not, just move along please)

Intolerance and ignorance.
It drives me up the freaking wall when someone is so ignorant that they generalize other people based on ONE factor. Whether it be religion or sexual preference or net worth. And then, when they can't even tolerate the generalizations that THEY have come up with ...sheesh. just drives me up the wall.

Now, i KNOW that i have strong opinions. And i KNOW that i am good at vocalizing (or writing) my opinions and i never sugar coat anything. But when i don't agree with something i either A) ignore it B) tolerate it or even, sometimes i might even C) accept it.

On CM i use the ignore option a LOT! it's the best way because no one even has to know you're doing it. Tolerate is second best. There are some people here that sometimes get under my skin, but there's no reason to belittle them for it. And lastly, acceptance is the one that seems to be the most difficult. But honestly, it's the most rewarding.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• clappingWell put.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Sooo what are you saying? That we are intolerant, ignorant people?
    I think that sometimes I am autistic in a way because I simply don't understand why people get offended by the things I say.
    Please consider, we may not be as smart as you or as socially adept. Does that mean then that we are not supposed to post our feelings and thoughts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Who is we?
    I never said anything about any specific person or group of persons. I targeted no one specific. If YOU feel that you are intolerant and/or ignorant ...then maybe you should work to change that.
    It does not take a genius or a social butterfly to be tolerant and informed, or at least smart enough NOT to say something on something that person knows nothing about.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Hmmm. Ok....well. I take it then this is really a vent about something particular and not a general question. I misunderstood. Carry on with your "question."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Is the view better on that soap box? LOL, I'm so kidding!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• lol anon 06 ...at times it is. ...at times.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OL,
    Just out of curiousity what sparked this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I plead the fifth.
    If you really want to know PM me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well, my biggest pet peeve are people who push their shopping carts all the way through the check out before I'm finished and then look at me funny when I say excuse me but I can't reach the debit machine.  But yours is good:)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i'd tell you mine, but there aren't any that stand out as 'biggest'..they all pretty much bug the snot out of me.
    also..i applaud you and your tolerance. very mature, which is in short supply around here sometimes.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2009