i dont like sex anymore..normal?

i just weaned my 16month old(she hasnt ate from me in almost a week) and i dont care for sex anymore.is it just hormones.. i mean i still have it but it feels like there is not spark or drive for it.i just want to know if there are other moms out there like me?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 3:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's probably just hormones and maybe a little stress added in for good measure. I mean, you just weaned your DD and that is stressful for both physical & emotional reasons, because your body needs to adapt to not needing the hormones to make milk & you are giving up a special closeness that you've had with your child for 16 months - those're both big changes! Give yourself some time to adjust to your new routine and for your body to settle back to baseline. Then, if once you feel like your old self again physically, yet you're still not wanting sex, you could call your OBGYN to talk about it because your body's hormone levels might still be a bit out of whack & need some help getting themselves in order.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Normal. Sometimes, it's just mommyhood that takes our sex drive away, and might not even have anything to do with hormones. You'll eventually get back into the swing of things. What BC method are you using? Ever since I got my IUD out, (it was aborting) and we are 100% using condoms, I have much more interest in sex. I think I feel safer. I think before, I was always worrying about an accidental pregnancy, and for some reason, I feel much safer using condoms. Plus, I HATE the, ahem, clean up when you don't use a condom. Not worrying about (there is no tactful way to say this) semen dripping out of me makes me have more interest in sex.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009